On 3rd September 1651, King Charles lost the Battle of Worcester to Cromwell’s ‘New Model Army’. As a wanted man with a price of £1000 on his head, he fled Worcester from what is now called The King Charles House, to France. This house has had many guises over the years but we have now updated the building to restore it to its traditional style.
Further information on the history of this building and Worcester can be found at:
The Commandry –http://www.worcestercitymuseums.org.uk/central/siteind.htm
Greyfriars – http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/greyfriars/
The Tudor House- http://www.tudorhouseworcester.org.uk/